Tweed

Tweed
It has been around forever

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ruben Diaz Sr. Voices Support for Walmart



Bronx State Senator Ruben Diaz, Sr. made headlines recently by saying that its a shame that low-income New Yorkers can't take advantage of those low prices at Walmart. He is quoted as saying "Although I deplore the violent incidents at some at some Walmart stores, I congratulate Walmart and Sam’s Clubs for their astronomical sales. However, I feel much more sympathy for the City’s poor who failed to benefit from Walmart’s bargains. " This is certainly a rare statement from city elected officials.

2 comments:

  1. WalMart has a nice variety of things plus attractive prices

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wal-Mart is the devil. As a poor city resident, I'd rather pay a little more out of the very little money I do have to support independent businesses. The few bucks I would save at Wal-Mart are better off going straight into our local economy, not to Wal-Mart's stockholders.

    ReplyDelete